Thursday 30 July 2009

Could not load file or Assembly CustomMarshalers.dll

I had an interesting error after installing VS2008 and trying to create ANY new project. I tried, web, console, services, and none would be created. Each time I had the following error:

Could not load file or assembly CustomMarshalers, Version=2.0.0.0 etc

For some reason, this file was not installed into the GAC

c:\>gacutil -i C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CustomMarshalers.dll

command into the VS2008 command prompt solved the issue.

4 comments:

  1. Solve my problem... Thank you very much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback. Always useful to know when posts help other people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing the info, it solved my problem :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It worked..Thanks a Ton...

    ReplyDelete